image
Friday, November 9, 2012,

Once upon a time in cooking class, I was told we were going to make something with rice, something with egg, something with noodles, and something with fish. Generally we learn how to make, then make around four to six dishes in the four hour class period. Well, this was the fish we were given:
STILL LIVING! Talk about FRESH SEAFOOD... So, naturally, we did this:
We tried to save the poor guy. It was working, we saw his gills moving! Then suddenly, the teacher (who you can hear talking in the background while nobody listens, oopsieeee) noticed that we weren't paying attention and came over to see the fish. She slapped down a cutting board, snatched him from the water, slapped him down on the cutting board and went WHAM WHAM WHAM with her oversized butcher's knife. I almost died too. I love animals so much, it was so painful to watch the life go from his poor little body. 3: Perhaps I'm too sympathetic, but to me a life is a life, especially lives that have feelings and families. Do I dare show the after picture? Well, I suppose. Needless to say, however, I DEFINITELY did not eat him.
WARNING: The following picture may be disturbing to some audience. Just kidding, you guys all eat these creatures everyday. TT_TT

Actually, I took a picture of the other group's fishy. You can tell if you look at the picture closely.

If you'd like the recipe for macabre fish (also known as sadistic fish), here you are:

I wanted to post this in Chinese, but I figured the translations with the pictures would get a little messy, and I'm not used to talking about this kind of thing yet. So the next post will be in Mandarin Chinese!(: I hope you can look forward to it, and sorry for not making this one in Chinese.

8:58 AM